Strategic Priority 2: Contributing to Knowledge Production
1. Learning from Action, and Generating Theories and Knowledge
- We will need to establish participatory learning methods that are suitable for use at all levels, and which lead to critical discussion and analysis of the land and agrarian context by the stakeholders themselves.
- Will will produce write-ups of the key points from these discussions, facilitate further critical examination and refinement of such new insights, and work to disseminate the new learnings that are thus produced.
2. Bringing People’s Organizations into Centres of Learning
- With and within people’s organizations, we will facilitate critical reflections on the land and agrarian situation, what kind of changes it needs, what sort of movement would work best for it, and how to strengthen such a movement and make it effective.
- We will aim to connect action to discourse by connecting people’s organizations and their insights to both the popular and the academic circles of conversation.
3. Publishing to Maximize Learning
- We will prepare and publish compilations of the learnings and insights gained from the various discussion programmes of people’s organizations around the country, and help to share and disseminate such compilations amongst farmers’ groups, state actors, and other stakeholders.
- We will also publish and seek to widely disseminate the insights gained from context-mapping efforts, so as to make the situation and needs of land and agriculture clear to the public.
- With the needs of the movement and the capacity-building of leaders in mind, we should also facilitate publishing and sharing various perspectives on land and agriculture produced outside of the movement.
- At the bhumighars, we will organize collections of group context maps reports, constitutional documents, laws, policies, and policy commentaries related to land and agriculture.
4. Publishing to Raise Awareness and Consolidate Financial Security
- We should also aim to publish books, periodical journals, and other collections that might contribute to the international discourse on land and agriculture, thereby raising awareness of the movement on a global scale, and also providing an extra source of financial security.